Deya Client Case Study
Smyths Toys Superstores is an Irish chain provider of children's toys and entertainment products with 100 stores throughout Ireland and the UK. Deya were contacted by Smyths Toys mailing house (firstMailing) who had a requirement for the delivery of 500,000 Smyths Toys catalogues across 10 store areas across the UK.
Deya were required to identify postcodes within specific store drive times.
Deya then profiled the selected postcode sectors using Smyths customer data and Acorn software to provide a delivery profile targeted by postcode sector.
In addition, age profiling of the postcodes was used to identify Smyths Toys target customers.
From initial contact by firstMailing in November to production of full targeting analysis and sign off of agreed delivery areas by Smyths Toys took only 3 days.
An agreed delivery start date only 2 weeks from the initial enquiry was scheduled as Smyths Toys were anxious the catalogues should be with customers before the Christmas period.
Deya used their specialised delivery haulier to collect stock from the bagging facility in Milton Keynes and deliver to nominated and planned collection hubs around the UK.
This involved careful planning and coordination as the bagging plant had limited production capacity.
Using our extensive network of local organisers and delivers Deya put teams in place and completed the delivery by the end of November, managed and co-ordinated by one of our full time Field Managers.
- Approximately 50,000 catalogues were delivered to each of the ten selected store areas.
- Wastage levels were kept to 0% by the use of targeted buffer areas where any surplus catalogues could be delivered.
- Approx 300 people were involved in the organisation and delivery of the catalogues in the field.
- Full verification of every delivery route was provided.
- From inception to completion the whole project took 4 weeks.